- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 c. sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk egg and oil. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ½ c. sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spread ½ of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Sprinkle ½ of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. Layer on the remaining batter over the cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of the batter. Using a knife, cut through the batter to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick – when inserted, the toothpick should come out clean and crumb-free. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread Recipe