- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked 1 minute shy of directions
Instructions Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add the butter to a large dutch oven on medium heat and cook the onions, garlic, celery, salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes or until translucent before adding in the broth, chicken, carrots, and thyme and bringing to a boil, then reducing to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks before returning to the soup with the cooked pasta and serve.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup