- 14 oz. sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 14 oz. can condensed sweetened milk
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- melting chocolate ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet or baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or non-stick foil or parchment paper
- Mix coconut, vanilla, condensed milk together in large mixing bowl. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Take a tablespoon size of the mixture (a cookie scooper works great for this) and roll it in a ball with your hands (see tips above recipe!) You want the balls really tight, so squeeze the mixture in your hands!
- Place each on the cookie sheet spaced apart (they will spread a bit)
- Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown (the baking time really depends on your oven, you don’t want them to burn, so watch them carefully)
- Cool on a wire rack
- When totally cool – melt candy chocolate in a double boiler (follow your chocolates instructions) and dip the bottom and roll the bottom sides in the chocolate. Let cool for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator
- Serve and enjoy!!
Nutrition per servingCalories: 151kcal | Fat: 8g | Saturated fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 59mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Protein: 1g | Vitamin A: 35% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 19% | Iron: 0.4% |This article and recipe adapted from this site