- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or finely diced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4.3-ounce box of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice + seasoning packet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- scallions, for garnish
- Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Allow the carrots, celery, and onion to simmer over medium heat for around 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the pepper, dried oregano, bay leaf, and shredded chicken. Mix until combined.
- Allow the soup to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk with the ½ cup flour until no lumps remain.
- Pour this into the soup mixture and whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Place the long grain and wild rice and the seasoning packet into the soup and mix until combined. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 more minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh scallions and serve hot. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Copycat Panera Chicken & Wild Rice Soup