- 12 tablespoons butter (melted¹)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour²
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt³
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate⁴ (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Add the melted butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until well-combined.
- Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in until just combined.
- Whisk in the oats just until incorporated.
- Add the baking chocolate, pecans, and coconut, and whisk in until combined.
- Drop by 1.5 tablespoon scoops (medium cookie scoops) 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8-14 minutes. The cookies should be light golden brown at the edges but look underdone in the middle. This will help to keep them soft and chewy.⁵
This article and recipe adapted from this site