- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange peel fresh
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel fresh
InstructionsFor the Dough
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla, eggs, and orange peel.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix.
- When dough is well mixed, remove from bowl and form into two discs.
- Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
For the Filling
- In a food processor add cranberries, sugar and orange peel. Process until finely chopped.
Rolling the Dough
- Working with one disc of dough at a time, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 10 x 14″ rectangle.
- Add half the filling mixture on top of the dough leaving a 1/2″ border.
- Carefully roll dough into a log.
- Place log on a piece of plastic wrap wrap tightly. Place log on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Slicing and Baking
- Remove logs from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap.
- Slice dough into 1/3 – 1/2 inch slices and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a baking rack.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Cranberry Orange Swirl Cookies