- 1.5 lbs cooked chicken *diced or shredded
- 5 cup riced cauliflower * from one large head
- 1/2 Cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese *at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese *shredded from block
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, riced cauliflower, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and half of the cheddar cheese. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread into a medium casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with extra Buffalo sauce and fresh, minced parsley, if desired. Serve hot.
NotesTips and Techniques for the Best Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Setting the cream cheese out to come to room temperature an hour before you begin will make it easier to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes and cook in a skillet with olive oil until just done through, or use an Instant Pot, or use leftover or rotisserie chicken to save time.
- It is best to shred the sharp cheddar cheese from a block rather than buying a bag of pre-shredded cheese which contains a starch and doesn’t melt as well.
- I recommend using fresh cauliflower, when possible. Using frozen may give you a runnier sauce.
How to Store Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- You can store this casserole in the freezer, tightly covered and unbaked, for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before baking. Increase the cook time to 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- This casserole can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, tightly covered. It is recommended to bake it within 2 days. Increase the cook time to 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Store leftover Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE