- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 red potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¾ cup green beans
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup whole milk*
- 1 cup sour cream at room temp
- 1 oz. dry ranch dressing mix equal to 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon roughly chopped
InstructionsCrock Pot Method
- Melt the butter on the bottom of the crock pot. Add all of the vegetables on top and stir to coat with the butter.
- Season the cubed chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix together the soup, milk, sour cream and ranch seasoning. Temper the mixture by heating it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Low and slow is the best with milk and dairy products.
- Sprinkle with parsley and crumbled bacon and serve. This tastes delicious over biscuits!
Stove Top Method
- Add the butter and vegetables to a soup pot over medium heat. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Dice the chicken into cubes and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the chicken to the pot and heat until white and cooked through.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, milk, and sour cream.
- Stir in the Ranch seasoning until well-combined.
- Let the soup simmer until the carrots and potatoes are fully cooked. It will continue to thicken the longer it simmers.
- Once it’s thickened to your liking, garnish with bacon if desired and serve over warm biscuits.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Creamy Chicken Stew