- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour rice flour for gluten-free option
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- parsley for garnish
- Slice chicken breast in half lengthwise, season each piece with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. The internal temperature should register 165 degrees F. Remove onto a plate.
- To the same pan, add more oil. Add minced garlic and shallot and saute until soft and fragrant. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and chicken stock. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon so all of the browned bits from cooking chicken are mixed into the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, stir and return chicken to pan. Let everything heat up. Turn the heat off. Add remaining tablespoon of butter and let melt in the hot sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken