- 6 Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 White Onion Chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tabelspoons Dried Basil
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat one Tablespoon of olive oil and one Tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken skin side down and cook for 5-6 minutes, without turning. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, heavy cream, parmesan, and basil. Bring to a simmer, return chicken to pan. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 5-7 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken