- 9 graham crackers 1 sleeve, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup super fine sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make your graham cracker crust by stirring together crushed graham crackers with sugar and melted butter. Divide crush amongst cupcake liners and press into the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, egg, egg yolks, sour cream, and salt. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into each cupcake liner until 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely in the tin before removing.
- After cupcakes have cooled, remove from wrappers. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of super fine sugar on top of each one. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize sugar, or line up on a try and place under broiler setting in oven. Watch closely, rotating as needed until the sugar is caramelized.. Serve chilled.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Creme Brûlée Cheesecake Cupcakes