- 4 chicken cutlets or two large breasts cut in half
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a third shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Set up assembly line to coat chicken in this order: flour, eggs, panko. First dredge chicken in the flour mixture, then in the eggs and then coat with the panko/Parmesan mixture. Once coated, arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray tops of chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crispy and golden brown and cooked through. If the tops aren’t brown enough for your taste, flip on the broiler for a few minutes; careful not to let them burn.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- To fry: In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat a high-temperature oil like canola or corn oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the hot oil and fry until golden; about 4 minutes per side. Careful not to keep the oil too hot or the chicken will burn. Chicken is done when juices run clear or it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED CHICKEN