- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp powdered ginger, to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and garlic. Saute to soften the garlic but do not let it brown.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and 1 tbsp black pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs and water to make an egg wash.
- Wash the wings, pat dry, trim the tips and cut them into sections.
- Dip the wing pieces into the egg wash and then toss in the flour mixture. Drop the coated wings into a preheated 350 degree F deep fryer, filled with canola, peanut, or soy oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 15-20 min depending on the size of the wing pieces. While still hot out of the oil toss the wing pieces in a large bowl with some of the honey garlic sauce. Serve immediately.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
CRISPY HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS