- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1 1/2 Tbs baking powder
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbs kosher salt Or less, see note
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Ginger Soy Glaze:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce Use low sodium or it will be too salty
- 1 1/2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 250°F. And place on rack at the lowest setting, and one near the top.
- Use a paper towel to pat the totally defrosted wings dry. This will not work with frozen wings.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a ziplock bag. Add the baking powder and salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly. Note: Some have complained the wings are too salty, adjust to preference, but remember salt is needed to help dry out the skin and get crispy wings.
- Line a tray with foil, and set a wire rack inside the rimmed baking sheets.
- Brush rack with vegetable oil, or spray with cooking oil. Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer with the skin side up. It will be a tight fit, use two sheets if needed.
- Brush wings with remaining oil. Or spray with cooking spray
- Bake wings at 250 for 30 minutes at the lowest oven rack setting, this will help to help render the fat.
- After 30 minutes, increase temperature to 400 degrees, and move wings up to the top of the oven. Bake an additional 45-50 minutes until cooked through and skin is crispy, and wings are golden brown. Optional: Flip once during baking
- Once baked, remove wings from pan, and toss in a bowl to coat with sauce of choice
- Return to baking sheet rack, bake for 5-6 minutes until glaze is lightly caramelized.
Ginger Soy Sauce:
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey. Taste, and adjust as desired, such as adding sweetener.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7–8 minutes.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings