- 5 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seaasoning
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 3 cloves Garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 Lemons, zested and juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (or half and half)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on med-high heat and add 2 Tbsp of the butter. Then add the chicken breasts and brown them just a few minutes on both sides (you may need to do this in 2 batches). Remove to a plate and set aside (They will still be raw inside).
- Lower the heat to med-low and add the Italian seasoning to the skillet and stir it around to bloom the spices. Then add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan (stirring and scraping up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet).
- Stir in the bouillon and dissolve it in the pan juices. Set skillet aside.
- Add the chicken breasts and the juices on the plate to the slow cooker, in one layer. Then add the garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Cut the butter into pieces and distribute over the chicken.
- Pour the reserved pan juices in the skillet over the chicken.
- Put the lid on and cook on Low for 3 hours or High for 2 hours.
- Whisk together the cream and corn starch, until there are no lumps. Pour over the chicken, replace the lid, and cook on the HIGH setting for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken breasts and set on a plate. whisk the sauce to make sure everything is well combined. Taste and adjust salt, if needed.
- At this point you can serve the chicken breasts whole, with sauce over them, or shred or slice the chicken and add it back to the sauce. This is delicious served over pasta, mashed potatoes, rice, or whatever you like!
- Garnish with lemon slices, fresh parsley, parmesan cheese, freshly ground pepper.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Breasts