- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter (1 cup) room temperature
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 lg Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Cocoa Powder (such as Hershey’s Special Dark®)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder (optional)
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cups Orange Colored M&M’s® (or other orange candy coated chocolate candies)
- I like to use my stand mixer for this recipe as the dough gets very thick.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder, if using. Mix together well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- add the dark chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Add the M&M’s® and mix them in gently so they don’t break. If a few break that’s fine.
- Line 2 cookie baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 2 Tbsp ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets. Don’t press them down, just leave them like that. Make 3 rows of 4. You should get 24 cookies.
- If you need to, gently press extra M&M’s onto the cookies before baking so that bright orange candy shows!
- Bake in a 350° (F) oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are done/firm around the edges when pressed. They will still be soft in the middle and just a little puffed up.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Dark Chocolate Halloween Cookies