- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Special Dark, use your favorite
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Additional powdered sugar for rolling (about 1 – 1 1/2 cups)
- Preaheat oven to 375°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips. If dough is too soft, chill it until you can work it easily with your hands.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown and the tops are no longer glossy. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes, until you can handle them. Fill a small bowl with 1 cup powdered sugar and roll each cookie in the sugar until coated. Place on a rack to cool. (Once cookies are cooled, you may want to re-roll them in more powdered sugar.)
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Double Chocolate Snowball Cookies