- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or reduced fat – full fat is best)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk (whole milk is best)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. and grease a 9×5 bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt) and mix well using a whisk. Next, add wet ingredients (sour cream, egg, butter and milk), using a spoon, mix until just blended (do not over mix) then pour batter into baking pan spreading evenly.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Be sure to check the bread using a toothpick in the center, making sure it comes out clean. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
EASY AMISH SOUR CREAM CORN BREAD