- 1 tube (about 16 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough (I used one 16.3-ounce tube Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits which contains 8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into eight 1-inch square cubes (cheddar cheese or diced string cheese may be substituted)
- 4 tablespoons (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and put 1 cheese cube into the center of each biscuit, wrap the dough around the cheese, seal, and place on baking sheet with the seam side down. Repeat until all dough and cheese is used. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until very lightly golden browned; watch them closely in the last minutes of baking because they can go from un-done to over-done in less than a minute. While biscuits bake, prepare the butter mixture.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and stir to combine. As soon as biscuits emerge from oven, generously brush each one with the butter mixture, optionally garnish with parsley, and serve immediately. Biscuits are best warm and fresh.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread