- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 jars maraschino cherries* (10 ounces each)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Drain the maraschino cherries, reserving the juice for the glaze. Coarsely chop the cherries in a food processor or with a knife. Gently fold the cherries into the batter.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased 9″x5″ bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, cherry juice and almond extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.
- Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve. Freezes well!
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Easy Cherry Bread Recipe