- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 red pepper seeded and sliced into small strips
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced into small strips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz shredded cheddar
- 1.5 tbsp fajita seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350. Put chicken in the casserole dish you will be using for this dish. Cover with foil and bake until cooked to 160 degrees, about 30-40 min. Cool for a few minutes and then shred or chop into bite-sized pieces. Drain any cooking liquid from the casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan coated with cooking spray, cook the pepper and onion over medium-low heat until they are golden and soft. I let mine caramelize the entire time the chicken was in the oven. I just left the heat between low and medium and popped into the kitchen to give them a stir every 5-10 min. Cool until warm.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, half of the shredded cheddar, and the fajita seasoning. Add the chopped chicken and cooked onion and pepper. Put back into the same casserole dish you cooked the chicken in. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese. You can refrigerate the casserole for a day or two at this point. I prepped it in the morning and then just popped it in the oven before dinner.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 min until hot and bubbly.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Easy Chicken Fajita Casserole