- 1/4 cup flour (you can use gluten free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lb chicken legs (about 3-4 large chicken legs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz mushrooms (each sliced in half)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (if needed)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. On a large plate, dredge chicken legs in this seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken legs skin side down and brown for about 4 minutes until the skin turn nice golden color. Flip chicken legs over to the other side and brown the other side for about 3 minutes. Remove browned chicken legs and set aside. Also remove those parts of olive oil that got too dark from browning the chicken with flour mixture.
- To the same, now empty skillet, add mushrooms (sliced in half) and minced garlic, add extra tablespoon of olive oil (if needed) and saute them together on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to the skillet, scraping up the browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir
- Place chicken legs back in the pan.
- Bring the chicken stock to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer on low-medium. Simmer chicken legs for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through and the juices run clear when chicken is cut in the middle
- Remove the cooked chicken legs to a plate and keep warm.
- Turn heat under skillet to medium-high, and simmer the mushroom sauce for about 4 minutes until it is reduced by about a third. Stir in the 1/2 cup heavy cream into the mushroom sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes on low-medium heat, constantly stirring and scraping from the bottom of the skillet, until the sauce gets thicker.
- Add chicken legs back to the skillet to warm them up. Serve
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Easy Chicken Legs with Creamy Mushroom Sauce