- 1/2 c unsalted butter melted cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
for the filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin pie mix from a can, not puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8″ square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until crumbly dough forms.
- Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
Recipe NotesRefrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days. For the best crumb topping, cool butter completely after melting.Read Full Recipe —> Click Here