- 1 cup mild salsa
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or store-bought
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Optional toppings: cilantro, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, grated cheese, avocado, green onion, tortilla chips
- Place salsa, black beans, pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and chicken broth in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Nestle chicken into the slow cooker so that it’s completely covered by the liquid and other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite-size pieces. Stir chicken back into the soup.
- Serve with toppings as desired.
- Freezer to Slow Cooker Directions:(1) Place all ingredients except for broth in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag. Freeze flat for up to 3 months.(2) Thaw the bag (either 24 hours in refrigerator or in a bowl of water).(3) Transfer bag contents to slow cooker, add the broth and cook according to directions above.
- As written, this soup is medium-spicy. You can use 1 tablespoon less taco seasoning for a mild version.
- The taco soup can cook for longer than 6 hours if needed. I wouldn’t recommend cooking it more than 8 hours (on low).
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup