- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 large ripe bananas, about 1 cup mashed
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter OR applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour OR all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg, optional but good
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside to thicken; this is your “egg”.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted vegan butter (or applesauce) into the bananas.
- Now add the brown sugar, almond milk and flax eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Add the flour. Sprinkle the baking soda, salt and nutmeg on top of the flour. Stir gently until just combined, making sure you don’t over mix.
- Fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips, if using. Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer the loaf to parchment paper or a cooling rack. Slice carefully right away, or let cool completely for easier slicing and serving.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Easy Vegan Banana Bread