- 2 tablespoons butter melted, see Note
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Everything But the Bagel seasoning
Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened, see Note
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or milk see Note
- green onions thinly sliced
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place chicken breasts top-down in a baking dish. 9×9″ or larger. Using a pastry brush, brush surface of chicken with butter then sprinkle with salt. Don’t use as much salt as you normally would, since most Everything But the Bagel seasonings have salt in them.
- Sprinkle surface of chicken with half the Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Use tongs and carefully flip chicken breasts. Brush tops with the remaining butter, sprinkle with the salt and coat with the remaining Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 400º F for 25-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F. See Note.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium bowl. Whisk in remaining sauce ingredients until very smooth. Taste and add salt to taste.
- When chicken is baked, remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with plenty of scallion cream cheese sauce.
Recipe NotesIf paleo, you can use * ghee or a neutral oil like avocado or refined coconut oil. If dairy-free, use vegan butter or neutral oil. * dairy free cream cheese like Kite Hill * unsweetened plain non-dairy milk of choice Cooking Times for Chicken Breasts by Size * Small chicken breasts: 25 minutes * Medium: 30 minutes * Large: 35 minutesBase Recipe adapted from this SITE