- 20 ounces sandwich bread, *cubed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, **
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, sliced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Great a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Cube the bread into small 1-inch cubes, and layer with the pecans in your baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, real maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and pecans in the baking dish.
- Cover and chill for a good 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the casserole, remove it from the fridge, and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, mix the sliced butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small mixing bowl.
- Crumble or clump the topping over the entire casserole.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 350°F for about 25 to 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake it for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it’s thoroughly cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it cool for just a few minutes.
- Then slice and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE