- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour , spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sprinkles
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla, almond extract and egg and continue beating until well combined.
- Turn the mixer down to low. Carefully beat in the flour mixture about 1/2 at a time.
- Stir in the sprinkles using a rubber spatula or the mixer on low speed.
- Form the dough into balls approximately 1.5 tablespoons in size and optionally place a few sprinkles on the top of each ball. Do not flatten.
- Set on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 48 hours. Chilling is absolutely necessary.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and place cookies on the sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tops of the cookies look just set. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here