- 16 tablespoons butter cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
German Chocolate Icing
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sweetened angel hair coconut
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Place the 16 tablespoons of butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and evaporated milk to a boil. Stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over the butter and chocolate chips.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture for 3 minutes. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9X13-inch pan. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before adding icing.
- To make icing, stir together heavy cream, sugar, egg yolks, and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, stirring frequently.
- Add coconut and pecans and mix well. Let icing cool 15-20 minutes before pouring on fudge.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
German Chocolate Fudge