- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk I used 2 percent
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 oz fresh blueberries washed and any stems removed
- For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, sea salt and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg slightly, and stir in the coconut oil, milk and lemon zest.
- Stir in the lemon juice
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, and mix with a hand mixer until batter is smooth
- Stir in the blueberries
- Pour batter into lined muffin cups, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean
- Remove from oven, and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar, and lightly drizzle glaze over the tops of the muffins
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins