- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1½teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- ½cupvegetable oil
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 4medium ripe bananas(mashed (about 1⅓ cups or 303 grams))
- 1cupcoarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the bananas and stir gently to combine. Add the flour mixture and stir until completely blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the walnuts.
- Divide the mixture into the two loaf pans. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If the loaves begin to get too dark before they are done in the middle, cover with foil. Allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. The bread can be stored, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at room temperature for up to 5 days. To freeze, wrap in plastic wrap then in aluminum foil and freezer for up to 3 months.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
GRANDMA’S BANANA BREAD