- 3 8 ounce packages buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each biscuit into four equal sized pieces.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl or plastic bag. Drop roll the pieces of dough in the sugar cinnamon mixture and gently arrange them into the prepared Bundt pan.
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. Bring mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. This time may vary depending on oven and pan used. Continue cooking until tops are starting to crisp and turn golden brown. To be entirely sure that the monkey bread is fully cooked and not doughy in the center, use a thermometer to verify that the middle has reached 190 degrees F. If the top is getting overly cooked and the center is still not at 190F, lower the monkey bread in your oven or cover with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Allow pan to rest for about 5 minutes, then cover with a large plate and invert bread. To eat, pull desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Granny’s Monkey Bread Recipe