- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. In a small bowl mix 1 or 2 ladles of soup with half and half, stir then add to slow cooker. Add chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa. Turn crock pot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream.
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
NOTESTo add spice use additional green salsa or a green chili hot sauceThis article and recipe adapted from this site