- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray two 9×5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray,
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, bananas, oil, vanilla, coconut extract, and drained pineapple.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl. Stir well. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle batter with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pans and place on wire rack. Cool completely before cutting.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
HAWAIIAN BANANA NUT BREAD RECIPE