- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 300ml tomato puree /passata
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 8 tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (any variety)
- Preheat Oven to 180’C / 350’F. Prep a large baking tray by rubbing a little olive oil on the base (you can use parchment paper to make clean up easier).
- Heat up a large pot on the stove top. Add olive oil and diced onions. Cook until softened (around 5 minutes). Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper. Fry until juices have evaporated and chicken starts to brown.
- Add cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic. Fry for around one minutes, stiring to coat chicken evenly with spices.
- Pour in stock, tomato puree, beans and corn. Cover pot and allow to simmer on medium for 10-15 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Use a colander to drain the sauce from the chicken and set sauce and chicken filling aside. DO NOT THROW SAUCE AWAY.
- Soften your tortillas by wrapping in foil and heating in the oven for a couple minutes. This makes them easier to work with.
- Spread a teaspoon sour cream on each tortilla and spoon chicken and bean filling on top along the center. Roll up your tortilla and place seam side down in your baking tray. Repeat until all 8 tortillas are done.
- Spoon strained enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and serve.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
healthy chicken enchiladas