- 2 TBSPs butter
- 1 lb bone in chicken thighs
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 a yellow onion diced
- 1/2 TBSP dried thyme
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces frozen egg noodles see note
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add them to the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and discard the skin. Remove the pan drippings, reserving 2 TBSPs and returning it to the pan.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic to the pan. Add the seasoning, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. The soup should have just a very slight bubble to it.
- Remove the chicken and bring back to a boil. Add the frozen noodles and simmer for 20 minutes (or according to package instructions).
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it. When the noodles are done cooking, return the chicken to the pot and serve!
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup