- ½-1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pepper to taste
- 1 (5 lb) (2.2kg) whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C).
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and peppers. Set aside.
- Remove giblets from chicken and rinse chicken in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken with olive oil then rub spice mixture over entire chicken. Place in a baking dish, cast iron skillet, or rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. Baste with juices 3 times during the cooking process if desired. Let chicken rest 15-20 minutes before carving.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Homemade Oven Roasted Rotisserie Chicken