- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp plus 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (7oz) container of marshmallow creme fluff
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 bag (11 oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a pan of water over high heat and allow to boil – place a glass or metal bowl over top and add the 1 cup of the chocolate chips with 3 Tablespoons peanut butter and melt until smooth, stirring frequently. (You can microwave the chocolate chips if preferred but check every 25 seconds to prevent burning.)
- Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish and spread to a smooth, even layer. Place into the freezer to set while you make the nougat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff, 1/4 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Remove the pan with chocolate from the freezer.
- Using your hands, push down the nougat onto the first layer of chocolate.
- Evenly distribute peanuts on top of the nougat and gently press the peanuts so they are “stuck” in place. I like salted peanuts in this recipe but unsalted would be fine.
- In the same way that you melted the chocolates, melt the caramels and heavy whipping cream. Stir the caramel until fully melted.
- Pour caramel over the nougat and smooth with a spatula. Place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the first step with the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 3 Tablespoons peanut butter. (Melt together.)
- Pour the final layer of melted chocolate over cooled caramel and place back into the fridge until hardened.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
HOMEMADE SNICKERS RECIPE