- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Use a baking pan that is large enough to have a half inch of space around each chicken breast but no more. Using too large a baking dish can cause the glaze to be too shallow in the pan and burn easily. Place the empty pan in a 425 degree oven to heat up while you prepare the glaze.
TO PREPARE THE GLAZE
- Melt the butter in a small saute pan. Add the garlic and cook for only 30-60 seconds to soften it. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add the honey, Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to blend and simmer over medium heat for one or two minutes begin to reduce the glaze.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Remove the hot pan from the oven and place the chicken breasts an equal distance apart in the pan. Pour the hot glaze evenly over the chicken.
- Return the pan to the 425 degree F oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and baste the breasts with the glaze in the bottom of the pan. return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a neat thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest part of the breast reads 170 degrees F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
HONEY DIJON GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS