- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks (or chicken legs)
For the marinade
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 5 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 inch ginger root (peeled and grated, or use 1/4 tsp powdered ginger)
- ½ tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade and mix with a fork. Set aside.
- The best honey soy garlic chicken marinade in a white bowl with a spoon inside.
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Add the marinade. Expel as much air from the bag as possible and close. Marinate overnight and up to 24 hours, or at least several hours.
- Chicken legs in a ziploc bag with marinade inside.
- If baking drumsticks immediately, massage them in the bag with the marinade for about 5 minutes. This will be sufficient to get a good amount of marinade and flavor inside the meat.
- Chicken legs in a Ziploc bag with marinade, massaged for better marinade penetration.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer the drumsticks and all of the marinade into a baking dish.
- Raw chicken legs, with the honey garlic marinade, inside a long white baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 185°F and the drumsticks are nicely browned on top.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve hot, with pan juices and your favorite side dish (e.g. mashed potatoes, rice, etc.)
This article adapted from this site
HONEY GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS