- 2 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. hot fudge, for serving
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Chocolate shavings, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a simmer. Whisk in sugar and cocoa powder and stir until no lumps remain. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melty. Turn off heat.
- Pour hot fudge in a small dish. Dip the tops of mugs in hot fudge to rim the cup, then pour hot chocolate into each mug. Top with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Hot Chocolate Floats