- 1 lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small jar (220g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle or Cayenne chili powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- To prepare this instant Pot creamy chicken soup recipe: Turn your Instant Pot on saute mode. Heat the oil in the bottom of the insert and add the chopped onion and garlic and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken breast, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, oregano, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and chicken stock. Give a quick stir and cover the Instant Pot with the lid. Set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure. Once the timer beeps, release the pressure by gently moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove chicken breast from the Instant Pot and transfer to a cutting board. Shred cooked chicken breast with 2 forks then return back into the pot.
- Stir in cream, cream cheese, and cheddar. Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode to heat up the chicken soup while stirring until cream and cheese are melted and the soup is smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and ladle the chicken soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
INSTANT POT CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP