- 1 cup shredded cooked or rotisserie chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ of a yellow onion diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ⅔ cups heavy cream
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- ½ tsp xanthan gum *optional to thicken if desired
- Select Saute (Normal) on the Instant Pot. When the Instant Pot is hot, add butter and melt.
- Once the butter has melted add onions, celery, and garlic. Continuously stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened and onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli florets to the pot and stir until the liquid in the pot is starting to boil, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Cover, lock the lid and flip the steam release handle to the Sealing position.
- Select Pressure Cook (or Manual on some models) on High Pressure and set the cook timer for 5 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, let the pressure release Naturally for 10 minutes (do nothing for 10 mins) and then Quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and add the cream cheese, nutmeg, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Add shredded chicken and stir in.
- Select Saute (Normal)and let the soup come to a boil. Slowly add shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses while continuously stirring.
- Once the cheese has melted, select the Keep Warm setting on the Instant Pot. Add heavy cream and stir.
- To thicken if desired, add the xanthan gum powder to the pot and stir until thickened.
- Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle each with ½ tbsp of the cooked crumbled bacon, and serve hot.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Chicken Bacon Cheese Soup