- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ricotta (250 grams)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (90 grams)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3-4 tablespoons icing/powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180°), grease and flour a 9 inch (22cm) cake pan or 9 1/2 inch (24cm) bundt pan.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, yolk and sugar until creamy and light about 3-5 minutes. Then add the vanilla and ricotta beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture and mix just until combined (batter will be thick), fold in the mini chocolate chips*.
- Spoon into the prepared cake pan and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, test with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool completely, then remove from the pan and dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Italian Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cake