- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 and 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Cream together softened butter and powdered sugar in a standalone mixer on medium speed, then add the vanilla.
- Whisk flour and salt in a separate bowl, and add slowly to mixer.
- Once blended, add the milk.
- Gather in a ball with hands and wrap in wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Once chilled, break off 2-inch pieces of dough with your hands.
- Massage into a ball by using your hands and rolling between your palms.
- Slice each ball in half.
- Using your thumbs, make an indentation in the center of each half.
- Add one half of a teaspoon of jam to each half, then press back together and pinch the seam with your index finger and thumb all around the ball.
- Gently roll the ball with your hands to smooth out the ball.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack, then coat each ball with powdered sugar by rolling them around in a shallow bowl.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then roll in the powdered sugar for a second coat.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 week, or up to 6 weeks in the freezer.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Jam-Filled Snowball Chirstmas Cookies