- 3 1/2- 4 pound whole chicken cut into 10 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon chicken bouillon powder replace with salt
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2-3 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons dried herbs (Thyme, Oregano, Parlsley) total
- 1 cup milk
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Then seasoned with salt followed by all the other marinate ingredients- salt, chicken bouillon, garlic, ginger, paprika, white pepper, curry powder, hot sauce and thyme.
- Mix chicken with a spoon or with hands until they are well coated, cover tightly and set aside in the fridge. Marinate for about an hour or preferably over night,
- Pour about 1 cup of milk in the marinated chicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, herbs and white pepper.
- When ready to fry add about 2 Tablespoons of milk to the flour mixture- thoroughly mix using your fingers. Then dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking any excess flour. You may use a zip lock bag for this process. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or cast iron skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Temperature will drop once you add chicken.
- Using a thong place chicken carefully and slowly place the chicken in the hot oil work in batches. Do not over crowd the skillet .Fry the chicken until golden brown, turning once, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. Chicken is done when it is no longer pink inside and its juices run clear. You may do a test by piercing chicken with fork.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels set on a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining chicken pieces; let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Jamaican Fried Chicken