- 7 ounces of canned pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated of sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1/2 cup of golden flax meal , reground
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz of softened full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8×5 inch loaf pan well.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin puree, sugar substitute, melted butter and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Next add in the eggs one at time making sure to beat until fully combined.
- To the wet batter add the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, psyllium husk powder, and spices.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8-inch loaf pan. Note that batter will be thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing.
- Place the pumpkin bread in a baking rack and allow to cool an additonal 20 minutes before frosting with the cream cheese frosting and slicing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for 3 weeks.
NotesThis recipe doubles easily and freezes well.This article and recipe adapted from this site
Keto Pumpkin Bread