- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lime extract
- zest of 3 Key Limes (heaping 1/2 teaspoon)
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Key Lime juice
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, affixed with the paddle attachment, add the butter. Beat the butter on medium-high speed until light and creamy. Add the sugar to butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until incorporated. Add the lime extract, lime zest, salt and water to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Change the mixer to low speed and slowly add the flour, baking powder and cornstarch. Mix until just incorporated. Add the lime juice to the dough and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and dump the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Cover the dough in the plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30-minutes (or in the refrigerator if you want to wait a few hours to bake the cookies).
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350-degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the granulated sugar in a small bowl and scoop medium sized cookie dough balls. Drop the cookie dough balls, one at a time, into the bowl of sugar, rolling the cookie dough balls in the sugar, covering them completely with sugar.
- Place sugar covered cookie dough balls a few inches apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove baked cookies from the oven and let set on the cookie sheet for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Key Lime Sugar Cookies