- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups of chicken broth or 3 cups of water + 2 tsps chicken bullion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 12 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (or 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn)
- 10 oz of pre-cooked grilled chicken breast strips or 1 chicken breast seasoned and cooked
- 8 uncooked biscuits or the scraps of cut-out biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350.°
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and sauté onion until soft. Whisk in flour.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the cream, veggies and chicken and heat through. Pour mixture into a 13 by 9-inch casserole dish and top with biscuit dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes then broil top just until golden brown.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
LAZY CHICKEN POT BISCUIT CASSEROLE