- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar I use a little over ¾ cup
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil – I used canola
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tbsp pure lemon extract I used Nielsen-Massey
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen I used fresh
- 1 tablespoon flour to toss and coat with blueberries before adding to loaf
Old Fashioned Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- ¾ cup to 1 cup powder sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk or whatever milk you want
InstructionsLemon Blueberry Explosion Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Lining with parchment paper makes it super easy to get out of loaf pan. Spray with non stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, sour cream/yogurt and oil and quickly whisk together until smooth and combined.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon extract, and whisk together well.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk or stir until just combined and do not over-mix. Very little lumps are ok.
- Put blueberries in a container and add 3 teaspoons flour and shake. Add to mixture and fold blueberries in.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 52-57 minutes.
- The last 10 minutes of baking, tent pan with foil by loosely draping a sheet of foil over bread to prevent excessive browning on the top and sides of bread before center cooks through.
- Allow loaf to cool in pan on top of a baking wire rack for at least 30 minutes before before glazing.
- For the glaze, in a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and almond milk until smooth and combined.
- Drizzle glaze over bread before slicing and serving.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Lemon Blueberry Explosion Loaf